Sunday, June 28, 2009

Concepting

I often sit around in the field and stare at a bunker to be edged off and on... for days. Now I don't just sit and stare but also work on others that are easier to conceive while contemplating what to do for the one or ones on my mind.

I'd stared at this for a couple days while working on bunkers in the vicinity before hitting it with the spade.

I'm still not happy with the right side of the bunker, so I came back and did a little graphics magic to see how the right side would look with the sand flashed higher. I won't do this often, and really didn't need to do it here (my instincts being impeccable :) ... but thought it would be a fun experiment.

The result is it does look better, but a portion of the right side is a little off still.

I won't take this photo in the field, but go out and find the forms, feeling my way through the process.















The right side looked too low with the height of the bank... so...
















After some graphics magic my instincts were confirmed.
I won't build it exactly like this, but the right side will be higher.
















The final product as edged in the field.
Sand has been added by a graphics program.
It is amazingly similar to the though
graphics illustration I did not take into the field.

Tony Ristola
agolfarchitect.com
agolfarchitect@yahoo.com
+1 (909) 581 0080