Friday, June 15, 2007

Warka Motivation


Diablo (The Devil) and Picasso, two young guys, were dawdling digging a trench. Not too enthused by the work, and my not being too enthused by their effort, I had a little wager for them. For four beer each, I bet they couldn’t dig out the needed trench by quitting time. Nothing but the precise specifications would do and the trench would have to be clean. I told them it was an either or proposition. Get it done correctly and on-time and they win, if not I’ll keep the beer. With newfound Warka (a national Polish beer) motivation they set about their task. Just to make sure the job was completed correctly, they had me take a look 30 minutes ahead of schedule…just in case they needed to make an adjustment or two.

The job was done to perfection.

Now I have a point to measure their full effort, and a reference to use as a comparison if they start slacking














Tony Ristola
agolfarchitect.com
+1 (909) 581 0080