Sunday, June 10, 2007

Looking for Shapes

We have altered the concept for the 6th Hole from flattish, open field to an exploded dike wall, and finally to a river dunes concept, and today I began doing some rough shaping to accomplish the latter. In particular I was looking to find some form of “dune” that would fit to the right of the green and assist with blocking out the noise of traffic. It’s a concept I’m not happy with because it is too symmetrical with a big “dune we have placed left of the green. I’m really leaning towards pushing the fill 20 meters in front of the green and creating some interest on the approach instead. I think the hole would look cleaner, more believable, and play more interesting with the line of play, the entrance to the green, rolling and contoured.

Tony Ristola
agolfarchitect.com
+1 (909) 581 0080