Monday, May 26, 2008

Drainage crew off to the dreaded 4th

We cut a large pond here, and used the fill for the 7 meter wall behind the green. We're not sure where it's going, but it isn't going to be where it was staked before I got here. The green wouldn't get enough sun in the spring, autumn or winter. We're moving it to a sunnier locale.

It all could have been so easy. Where I'd wanted the green, a nice sunny area (I didn't have a whole lot of choices), I'd found peat moss. This was the only place on the property with it, so I thought there wouldn't be a whole bunch. I learned otherwise. I told the operator at the time (now long gone), to excavate it out. He did, and in the process busted an old German drain line. We had a small pond on our hands, but nothing some new drainage wouldn't fix.

What's the drainage crew doing? Draining out this pond and lowing the water level in the larger lake-pond. Then we'll expand the lake-pond and push in sand where the peat moss once was.

Thanks... and have fun boys.

Tony Ristola
agolfarchitect.com
+1 (909) 581 0080