Tuesday, June 19, 2007

From Can ‘til Can’t

The work day for most starts at 07:00 and finishes 12 hours later. For a select group, it begins an hour or two earlier and ends when the sun goes down. The latter is the “Can ‘til Can’t Crew”. They also work 6.5 days per week. Right now with the good weather and long days, we have to make maximum use of both, and I’m happy to have all the “Can to Canters” I can get.

Golf course construction isn’t for those who like to work the hours of the French. It’s not glamorous. The days are long, and sometimes grueling. I enjoy them. There’s nothing else I’d rather do because I love golf, and know the great golf designs are all about the work in the field; taking a set of ideas and making them better. Seeking opportunities you just can’t think of or discover at the drawing board and implementing them right away.

Tony Ristola
agolfarchitect.com
+1 (909) 581 0080